Access2Employment Job Fair offers job seekers a chance to meet face-to-face with hiring managers and HR professionals. You’ll have the opportunity to make a first impression and personally hand your resume to those who make hiring decisions.
Be prepared for the event by:
- Dressing your best, in professional attire
- Practice your 15 second introductory statement, often referred to as your “elevator pitch”
- Bring several copies of your current resume, one for each type of job you seek
- Take advantage of our Free Resume Reviews, see below!
Complimentary Resume Reviews
Bring a paper copy of your resume.
Come early, slots are limited!
Your resume needs to pass the skim test. Dust off your resume and ask yourself:
- Can a hiring manager see my main credentials within 10 to 15 seconds?
- Does critical information jump off the page?
- Do I effectively sell myself on the top quarter of the first page?
KEEP YOUR RESUME CONCISE:
- Objective: List the Job Post title just as it’s written, tell employers what you can do for them, not what you want from them
- Limit History: Keep your job history within the last 10 years, include month/year
- Customize: Only include information relevant to your goal. Target the resume to fit each job description
- Paraphrase: Select only key accomplishments with each job listed in your history
- References? No need to include, BUT have them ready for the interview
- Edit, Edit, Edit! Remove unneeded phrases like responsible for or duties include
- Proof Read: Have someone else proofread your resume, spell check doesn’t catch everything!