Access2Employment Job Fair offers job seekers a chance to meet face-to-face with hiring managers and HR professionals
You’ll have the opportunity to make a first impression and personally hand your resume to those who make hiring decisions.
Contact Us: email@example.com
Be prepared for the event:
- Dress your best, in professional attire
- Practice your 15 second introductory statement
- Bring several copies of your current resume, one for each type of job you seek
- Take advantage of our Free Profile Photos (left) and Resume Reviews, (Below)
Complimentary Resume Reviews
Bring a copy of your resume.
Come early, slots are limited!
Your resume needs to pass the skim test. Dust off your resume and ask yourself:
- Can a hiring manager see my main accomplishments within 10 to 15 seconds?
- Does critical information jump off the page?
- Is my resume concise in 2 pages or less?
KEEP YOUR RESUME BRIEF:
- Objective: List the Job Post title just as it’s written, tell employers what you can do for them, not what you want from them
- Limit History: Keep your job history within the last 10 years, include month/year
- Customize: Only include information relevant to your goal. Target the resume to fit each job description (Yes, this means a new resume for each new job)
- Paraphrase: Select only key accomplishments with each job listed in your history
- References? Have current reference list with phone number ready for the interview. Don’t submit unless asked.
- Edit, Edit, Edit! Remove unneeded phrases like “responsible for” or “duties include” this doesn’t tell them what you actually did, just what was expected of you
- Proof Read: Have someone else proofread your resume, spell check doesn’t catch everything!